New Clients Are Always Welcome
If you are looking for a caring and experienced team of vet’s and vet nurses who will care for your pet just like you do, then book a consultation with Paws and More
A microchip is about the size of a grain of rice and is injected under your pet’s skin. The microchip is embedded with a code unique to your pet and is the most effective form of permanent identification available.
- The microchip is a small electronic device placed under the skin for identification purposes.
- It has major advantages over other forms of identification. Unlike a tag or collar, it can’t be removed, can’t fade and can’t be lost.
- All pounds and vets have microchip scanners, so any stray or injured animal can be quickly identified, its owner contacted, and any necessary treatment can be started without delay.
- The microchip is quickly and simply implanted with a needle. Sedation or anaesthesia is not required.
- The chip is only about the size of a grain of rice, and is encased in a glass polymer so it causes absolutely no irritation. The chip is designed to prevent it from moving from the site where it was implanted.
- The only information on the chip is a number. This number is recorded on a central computer registry, along with all details about the pet and its owner.
- Microchips are for identification only. They are not tracking devices.
Once implanted, the microchip number is then registered and your details entered online so that your pets microchip number will always be connected to you- We can arrange this for you. It is important to update this information if you move or change your contact number, in case your pet ever gets lost.